Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sick

After a full week of hayfever that finally turned into a full-blown cold I'm home sick today. I had a very busy day full of stuff I had to do today and yesterday I wondered how in the world I was going to do everything. It turns out that I won't be doing anything. Writing this will be the only strenuous activity of the day for me.
I have been crazily keeping myself so busy with work and classes and activities that today my body and mind said-" Okay, Now you will STOP!"

The idea that it is okay to take some time off to "take care" of yourself happens only after you give up the idea that the world can't go on with out you for one day.
I am not going to work today-actually I happen to have the day off, which is lucky I guess.
I will not be going to my"Principles of Effective Instruction" class.
I will be cancelling "Den meeting", not going to a baby shower and not going to any of the other meetings I thought I needed to go to. All this was utterly impossible anyway, but somewhere I thought I could go to one class or meeting late and leave early to get to the next one.
Now, that I'm home sick, I can see this was crazy. Sometimes, busy days are fun and you have to just get it done. But not today.
Today will now consist of the following; A hot bath, drinking fluids, hopefully a long nap and maybe an old movie. It already feels like a vacation-except of course, that I feel crappy.

I really hope I feel better, because I have a really busy day tomarrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment