Thursday, April 23, 2020

He hears me

     I prayed for a bunch of things today; for rain because my lawn is now "crunchy" and I'm not sure I can wait for May to water. I watched a Nova program last night about the droughts that scientists seem to think are increasing and I was thinking how we really need some water! I should not watch shows like that right now. I already know I need to be careful about what I watch and should not watch the news more than maybe once or twice a week to catch the weather forecast and see what's going on. I do like the Govenor's daily update sometimes as well as listening to Dr. Angela Dunn because she seems intelligent and sensible. I'm interested for example, about what's going on here with the virus and in New York and St.George because I have people there.
      I also prayed for the end of social distancing to come soon, but not too soon because, well, I don't know when that should happen and I don't want to jump the gun but gee it would really be nice. I prayed that I could be able to go to the Temple again soon-maybe for my Birthday?  For the health and protection the good health care workers and for certain people in my family who are compromised and for help with our mental health and outlook as we need some extra help with focusing on positive things and to be able to see the blessings in our life, which sometimes especially  the last few days have been I have been struggling with. We have been okay financially, and will be for the next month or two (?) but we will really need to get our "stimulus check" sometime or we will get behind on some bills- now that I am not working at all and Kari has to take an unpaid furlough week every month. We keep checking the IRS "Get my payment" site which keeps telling us "Payment Status not Available". Maybe if I watched the news more I would know what's up with that. Meanwhile I have read a few articles that try to explain that we just need to keep checking because the IRS is still updating files.

I was going to get up and get going because I had to run to pick up a new Vetsulin for the dog and dog food and some other things from Trader Joes. I  took a shower and studied-did my reading and then listened to some talks that were really comforting and brought me some specific assurances that comforted my worries, while I colored a mandala from a coloring book with sharpies while I waited for my hair to dry. I love to color in the morning or write in my journal or work on my Dad's history-which I alternate or do all three if I have time. 
      I was dragging my feet and watching the hours go by, which makes me nervous because I always feel like it's better for me to get errands done in the morning.  I was on my way out when I thought I'd quickly check my e-mails, but had the thought "you should go now".  I have had enough thoughts like this one in my life to recognize this was a thought I needed to acknowledge and act on. I was on my way quickly and when I arrived at around 11:00 a.m. the doors at Trader Joes were open and a worker standing there said "Good morning, come on in!" and "No one's here and you can come right on in!". He was happy to tell me this and I was delighted because the last few trips I have had to stand in line behind 10-20 people as they have a limit to how many people can be in the store at a time. I shopped and checked out and noticed on my way out the parking lot was now full and the line was long to get in the store.  It was a gift to me on this day to be there at exactly the right time.  I didn't pray for that, but I felt like it was an acknowledgement of the prayers I did communicate. I didn't know I would appreciate this or even that I needed it, but I felt that The Lord knew.  After so many days of running to the store, even though I try to only go once or twice a week, it is stressful to be there with my mask on, which fogs up my glasses and makes me sneeze, while trying to keep distant from other shoppers and remember everything on my list. I had the thought that I am so thankful that I listened to that quiet direction and felt like  HE watches over me and wants to bless me as much as I will let him.  When I got home it started to rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment