Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to our blog

We are finally starting this today!
We're Parents of 5 children including a special needs child.
For several years I thought I might like to blog on the wonderful and sometimes heartbreaking "adventures" we've had as parents of a special needs child, and just "parenthood" in general.
I've certainly learned a lot and have gained some insights about what it means to parent creatively and effectively with happiness, humour and love. It feels like I've done it all-potty training, tantrums, preschool, homeschool, public school, math homework, music lessons, sports, and about a zillion other things. I thought it might be fun because I already "journal" quite a bit and writing has always been very therapeutic for me.

I have not been inspired or pushed to the point of blogging until today.
I feel compelled to write about our recent "lay-off" and every philosophical feeling pertaining to it.
I'm a private person, so why do this publicly? I'm not sure, other that I feel the need to reach out to other people who may be going through some similar thing. Sometimes, at our most humble and needy, we connect with what is really important-and maybe this is the right time to blog....

Okay, so that's basically what this is about....more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment